[C320-list] Halyard replacement

Charles Mueller katchu at chartermi.net
Wed Mar 30 14:55:43 PDT 2016

I replaced mine a few years ago and used Samson XLS Extra T.  It's a lot
less expensive than the lines you mentioned, but still very low stretch.  As
I recall, bought them through Defender.
Chuck Mueller
Northwind #676
Holland, MI

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 13:11:12 -0400
From: swampcreek42 <swampcreek42 at yahoo.com>
To: C320-List at Catalina320.com, 320 <C320-List at catalina320.com>
Subject: [C320-list] Time To Replace Halyards

It's time to replace my main and jib halyard. The main is starting to chafe
so that's definitely getting changed. The jib halyard was recently replaced
by the PO but is a larger diameter of 7/16s (?) and gets hung up when taking
the sail down at the end of the season. Anyway, I have found a BUNCH of
choices, regular Samson, New England V100, T900, Endura, etc. (Currently
looking hard at NE V-100). I'm posting here for advice from anyone who has
done this and what experience or suggestions would they have before I spend
some major cash on something I might regret later.
Thanks,Bruce Hunter?Nauti Time #719?