[C320-list] Dining Table Modification

stepkap stepkap at pacbell.net
Sat May 14 11:09:42 PDT 2016

I had originally made a round table top but found it way too small for
serving dinner.  The mast compression post limits size. So I bit the bullet
and had professional help from a local craftsman. He made a new table from
scratch, increasing the distance between the bench and the table as well as
reducing the length about 6" at the bow end.  Now no problem getting my
portly shape easily in and out of the settee from either end.  The table is
about 20% smaller and maintains original lines.  He glued together 5 or 6
planks he had left over from other projects and it came out great at a
reasonable cost.  I can send photo if you wish.

Steve
Saline #980