[C320-list] Dining Table Modification

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Sat May 14 12:29:08 PDT 2016

If you just want to take a few inches off each end, a competent joiner or carpenter should be able to do this for you. The side ‘rails’ (fiddles?) unscrew (after you remove the wooden plugs) and can be saved and re-used to cover the newly cut ends if they are cut to a similar profile. I guess they may be glued and screwed in which case some more skilful woodwork would be needed, but it strikes me it should be possible without the need to remake the entire table?

Graeme
#366, Jaskar
On 14 May 2016, at 15:27, Kaare Wold <sailor3952 at charter.net> wrote:

> Skippers,  has anyone modified the configuration of the dining table to provide a easier access to the stbd seats.  I would like to trim a few inches off the ends but don't want to end up with some ugly plywood edges to conceal.  All ideas or suggestions appreciated.  Thanks!
> Kaare & Mary Wold
> Sheet Music  #945

I work irregular hours and often write emails late in the evening and at weekends; that doesn’t mean I expect you to do the same; reply when convenient!