[C320-list] Strange piece of wood

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Sat May 14 12:32:28 PDT 2016

I’ve got several onboard - my guess is they are used to space the liner from the hull or something like that  whilst it’s all cured and glued up!  I found a few in the aft locker under all the steering gear whilst i was fitting a below deck autopilot last winter. I had assumed they were put there by the previous owner, until I saw your post!

Graeme
#366, Jaskar, 1996

On 14 May 2016, at 17:56, Diane <dianeflr at aol.com> wrote:

> It looks like a wedge to hold a door open.
>
> Wish it was a good luck charm! 14 boats just raced from Naples to Key West and the winds were 3-4K  for 26 hours. Arggghhh.    The only boat in our fleet of eight to finish in the time limit of 26 hours, it was a 36 foot C&C flying a Spinniker. It was a tough night
>
> Captain Diane Fowler, Gulf Coast Realty,  cell. 239-850-4935.    Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 14, 2016, at 9:29 AM, Bill Hutt <bhutt at windstream.net> wrote:
>>
>> What does it look like? Is it a carved idol or something? Maybe a good luck charm?
>> Bill
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Diane
>> Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:04 AM
>> To: c320-list at lists.catalina320.com
>> Subject: [C320-list] Strange piece of wood
>>
>> Hello, faithful sailors ,
>>
>> We just arrived in historic Key West & I was cleaning up.  Found this piece of wood approx 4" tall- floating in my bildge!!   Is my boat falling apart? Lol.   Any ideas about this?
>>
>> Thank you,     Captain Diane
>>
>> S/V. Windy City,   #948

I work irregular hours and often write emails late in the evening and at weekends; that doesn’t mean I expect you to do the same; reply when convenient!