[C320-list] Outhaul cam cleat or rope clutch?

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue May 17 06:16:40 PDT 2016

A couple of us have added a clutch for this purpose. garhauermarine.com is very helpful in this regard. They supplied the clutch to match ours with the necessary longer bolts to attach to the existing clutch group. Our sail loft advised that we likely won't need much adjusting. So far, we haven't. A cam cleat would also do the job; but, would need to be thru-bolted to the cabin. I though the additional clutch was an easier solution.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay