[C320-list] Hull #514

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:20:44 PDT 2016

The moisture is below the forward port light, forward of the forward most
shroud and aft of the forward water tank fill port.  Based on the survey we
are fairly certain it is coming from the portlight.  Our surveyor was quite
thorough and ruled out the chainplates and the forward water fill port.
 Doesn't mean he was right.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Catalina switched the chainplates
over to a full FRP surround prior to Hull 514 (which was manufactured in
December 1997.) Maybe someone who has performed maintenance on their
standing rigging with a hull number closer to mine can chime in... I guess
I could pull the forward most chainplate just as a sanity check before
pulling the port light.   I was hoping not to pull it unnecessarily and
create more projects...