[C320-list] Rebedding leaky chain plate

sailorlew at aol.com sailorlew at aol.com
Sat Nov 26 18:36:29 PST 2016

I know the purists will scream bloody hell at me, but I have been using rope caulking around all the chainplates & stanchions for years with great results. All I do is squeeze the caulk around the bases & have had no leaks.  I thought that I was the only one doing this until I came upon this article in Sail magazine.

Rope Caulk Marine Bedding - Sail Magazine