[C320-list] Adler-Barbour CU-100 Cold Machine

Descher, Chris cdescher at cedtulsa.com
Mon Oct 3 15:27:41 PDT 2016

I replaced my complete system a couple of years ago, and it was one of the easiest projects I've done.  If you only replace the condensing unit or the compressor, the system gets opened up, and I think that you'll have to get it vacuumed down then recharged.  I would think that professional expense would be as much as doing the whole system.  The modern version of what you've got comes with pre-charged line sets, so you just set the new equipment and tighten the connections.  They are self-piercing, and the system will work immediately.  I can't imagine why you would need to pay someone to do this job, unless you simply don't want to deal with it.  You will need one other person's help when it comes time to run the line set from the cabin to the aft locker, otherwise, you can do it by yourself.

Chris Descher