[C320-list] Depth sounder

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 07:13:34 PDT 2016

Bill

Both my 320’s had/have separate depth transducer from the speed/temp transducer. The speed transducer is a paddle wheel and when in place projects below the full surface, obviously whereas the depth transducer is flush. It has to be in the water to work!

Easy to see if you pull out the drawer in the forward cabin you will see both the-hulls, unless as Jeff says its all now combined in one?

I believe that for Ray marine the transducer is not proprietary, ie there are other makes that will work with the Raymarine instrument.

Graeme
No 366, 1996
> On 7 Oct 2016, at 15:04, Jeff Hare <Catalina at thehares.com> wrote:
>
> It is likely that your depth/speed/temp sender are combined.  You can tell if the your speed sender paddle wheel is not centered in the thru-hull.  If it was painted with anything but transducer paint or it will may not work.
>
> -Jeff Hare

I work irregular hours and often write emails late in the evening and at weekends; that doesn’t mean I expect you to do the same; reply when convenient!