[C320-list] Backstay Adjuster - What tension should I set the rigging when adjuster is lose

Dennis Browne denny.browne at me.com
Wed Oct 12 15:56:19 PDT 2016

I just measure it by feel and by having the bowman site the headstay. When it's fully off, at the dock, I can easily swing either side of the bridle in 8-12" circles. In light air, fully off for a curved headstay. Over about 12 knots, fully on for a straight rigid headstay. Seems to work pretty well against much of the competition. Not all. Downwind with spinnaker flying, it's fully off, backstay is firm and head stay is floppy.

I have pretty good mast bend, when it's on fully. This flattens the main somewhat, but again, it's mostly feel.

Denny Browne
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach
Sent from my iPhone