[C320-list] Engine stalling

Larry Frank WindSwept at stx.rr.com
Fri Oct 21 06:20:13 PDT 2016

I had a completely different issue with air in the fuel causing the engine
to run rough and surge.  I was thinking if you hadn¹t solved your problem
my experience might help.  Since you seem to have narrowed it down to an
electrical problem it probably doesn¹t apply.

Good luck with the electrical problem.  I have my own as I seem to have a
wiring issue with my Balmar regulator.  It can be very hard to track these
things down.  I have ³fixed² my problem three times or so I thought!

Larry
WindSwept C320 #246

On 10/19/16, 9:44 AM, "Elizabeth Schwartz" <schwartz781 at optonline.net>
wrote:

>Ahoy.....I've got the same engine in my #245. Had the same issue.
>Cleaned the fuel, changed filters, got new fuel pump......then found
>that moving wire bundle aft of engine...the fuel pump worked...then I
>replaced the connection block.  ..Thought I had it fixed for a
>year....then happened again.....also the low oil light and alarm did not
>always come on. I replaced the ignition switch and starter button, and
>soldered the wire connections behind inst. panel.  I'm still frequently
>not getting the fuel pump to click when I move the ignition switch all
>the way. I have had a mechanic look at it now, and he is trouble
>shooting. Going to start with replacing oil sender, oil alarm, and reset
>button on engine. Having hot wired the fuel pump, and it working, we are
>convinced its an electric issue. Still trying to find if its ground or
>power, and wre the problem is......let me know if this helps, or if you
>find the culprit......Joe
>
>> Pat,
>>
>> I have been online online for some time.  Did you solve this problem?
>>
>> Larry
>> WindSwept C320 #246
>>
>> On 9/26/16, 4:57 PM, "pat reynolds"  wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Warren, since the fuel feed line was very clean I suspect the
>>> fuel
>>> pump.  Strangely enough I ran the engine under load for an hour