[C320-list] Transmission Cable Question

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 15:40:02 PDT 2016

Joe, since your trans seems to work when shifted at the trans, perhaps the problem is caused by flexation in the cable, shortening the actual amount of wire that moves at the trans. This could be caused by the cable attachment in the pedestal. If it is not holding the cable tightly, then the cover of the cable may be moving absorbing the motion from the throttle handle. Make sure this is tight, for both cables. Refer to Edson info for how to do this. There are also some useful vids on Youtube.

Also, check a manual for trans. It should have specs on the amount of movement, fore and aft from the neutral position, the shift arm must move for proper operation, and this depends on which hole in the arm the cable is attached to. This spec is very important for proper operation.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay