[C320-list] Perkins oil change

Welch, Myron D myron-welch at uiowa.edu
Mon Oct 31 21:32:43 PDT 2016

Jason,

That plug on the side lets you get to the oil sump. You can be quite successful inserting a tube to the base of the sump if the oil is up to operating temperature so it flows freely. I would also see if any remaining oil could be drawn through the dipstick tube. There shouldn't be much, if any.

As per someone's suggestion on this list, I now have a hose barb
with male threads the same size as the plug. I just screw it in, clamp a correct size hose to the barb, then attach the hose to my Jabsco 12 volt oil changer. This is quicker, much easier and more thorough than the tube inserted through the dipstick and/or access plug hole.

Myron

Sent from my iPad