[C320-list] Clew Tension with Reef in Mainsail

Dennis Browne denny.browne at me.com
Sun Sep 18 07:27:41 PDT 2016

You might want to try this: My outhaul exits the aft end of the boom, goes through the cringle in the leach of the sail, back to the aft end of the boom, through a previously unused sheave and terminates with a stopper knot. After a couple of years, you'll need to cut the stopper knot off if you need to remove the sail, but it seems to work well in SoCal. Of course I can't remember the last time we needed to reef here...

Denny Browne
A Cappella #935
Redondo Beach
Sent from my iPhone