[C320-list] Engine stalling

pat reynolds lorasalum at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 10:09:18 PDT 2016

My 320 is 21 years old and I have never had the engine quit after starting until this July.  It will start and then after 15 to 40 minutes start stalling and stop.  I changed both the primary and secondary filters to no avail.  I always add stabilizer and am in a large marina so their fuel turnover is quick.  I suspect the fuel intake in the fuel tank may be clogging but before I start trying to remove the rear starboard locker shelf (any thoughts on best way to do this)  and getting the fuel intake out I am wondering if there might be another reason for the stalling, ie air entering the system.  I have a Westerbeke 30 B engine which is self bleeding. Pat R #249