[C320-list] Alternatives to a tilting bow anchor roller

Scott Lagerquist lgrqst at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 17:12:40 PDT 2017

Bob,
I have a similar set up on Sea Esta, hull #39 in San Diego CA.  130 feet of chain spliced to 200 feet of 1/2 inch twisted nylon anchor line. I also have a Bruce 33 anchor with a swivel between the anchor and chain.  My Lewmar V700 windlass brings the anchor over the roller without a problem.  When I first took delivery of the boat the clutch would slip a bit.  I looked up the maintenance procedures online and cleaned and greased the windlass (it was very dry).  There is a special tool for tightening and loosening the clutch from Lewmar but a half inch ratchet works just fine for adjusting the clutch tension.  After completing the maintenance the clutch stopped slipping (it was loose) and everything works fine.

Best of luck!

Scott Lagerquist
Sea Esta, hull #39
San Diego CA