[C320-list] Antifreeze

sail-ability sail-ability sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 22 06:51:27 PST 2017

   The thing about changing the antifreeze in the 3GM30F is the difficulty
   in getting the antifreeze out of the hot water heater. The easiest way
   I've found is to find the  engine hose which pumps the antifreeze
   through the hot water heat exchanger. You disconnect this hose and with
   the engine drain cocks open blow into that hose. It will force the
   antifreeze out of the heat exchanger into the engine and will drain out
   through the drain cocks. If the antifreeze has recently been changed
   (within 3 years) I would just drain the engine and replace that
   antifreeze. As has been suggested any of the good modern antifreezes
   are compatible with one another. As I recall there is about a liter of
   antifreeze in the hot water heat exchanger.

   Cheers

   JohnM

   1999#574