[C320-list] Minor issues with hull bottom

sail-ability sail-ability sail-ability at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 4 15:04:52 PST 2017

   Instead of the Micron CSC, I would look at Aquaguard water based
   antifouling paint. I changed over last season and the boat came out
   clean as a whistle; You can look up reviews on the net.  Water instead
   of those harsh solvents makes it a joy to apply.

   I had my hull soda blasted as well and prepped it with Interprotect
   2000 which was already on the hull, not water based though.

   The problem with my hull is that previous owners had applied new Micron
   CSC every season so it was very thick and chipping off. Anti fouling
   will continue to work as long as some paint is still on the barrier
   coat. It looks awful when the boat is "on the hard" if you apply just
   where the anti fouling has worn thin, not too many folks will see it in
   the water!!

   cheers

   JohnM

   1999#574