[C320-list] Minor issues with hull bottom

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:16:09 PST 2017

John, Scott, and Greg-

Thanks for the inputs.   I think all of your ideas are in line with my
thinking on bottom paint.   To sum up.  1) Interprotect as primer coat
only   2) 2 Coats of a self polishing anti-fouling paint preferably of
different colors.

Curious if anyone has any comments on the FRP repairs.   I'm leaning
towards WEST system for all repairs.   They have the best library of how-to
articles which is really quite impressive.

My opinion based solely on reading is that the minor blistering near the
strut can be fixed using 105/205 with a 406 filler based on their article
on minor blister repair.

I plan to use G-Flex and 409 or 410 for fixing the fairing at the hull/keel
joint.

I'm sorta stuck for the moment on how to go about fixing the minor dings on
the rudder but I'm leaning toward 105/205 with 406 since the rudder takes a
lot of abuse from the prop wash, I'm thinkin using the softer
fillers here is a bad idea.

This leaves the keel itself.   I'm not a fan of sanding so here I'm leaning
toward 409 or 410 for a filler again, but the chips on the leading
edge probably really need 406.

Cheers-

Troy