[C320-list] Minor issues with hull bottom

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:58:43 PST 2017

John-

Thanks for the response.   All of my current projects are below the
waterline so I don't think I'll be messing with gel coat just yet.   I
suspect eventually I will be doing some minor gel coat work.    I do have
some very minor gel coat damage above the waterline on the starboard side
of the forward hull.    It's interesting because to my untrained eye it
looked like something caused by a blunt impact resulting in spider
cracking.   This was one of our biggest pre survey concerns but after
getting a few opinions from other owners we decided to move forward with
the survey.   Ironically the surveyor informed us that the damage was not
caused by outside impact but was a result of the inner liner impacting the
hull from the inside.   Last night when I was going through the WEST System
articles I noticed they had an excellent picture showing exactly this type
of damage and the fact that it is caused by an internal impact.  The point
of impact is just where the bottom rear corner of the water tank is  above
this part of the liner so I've been wondering if the boat saw heavy waves
with a full forward water tank.   It also has me eyeing other 320s to see
if this is a common defect.   Totally cosmetic issue., almost imperceptible
unless you are super observant.   Our surveyor told us a fix would likely
be more apparent than just leaving it.