[C320-list] Maint list

millers1 at aol.com millers1 at aol.com
Wed Jan 18 09:38:10 PST 2017

Interesting conversation.  I concur that one can safely get  several years of use out of an
impeller.  I suspect it would be better to get used frequently and not sit in a compressed mode,
through a winter lay-up.  I find it easy enough to pull in the Fall (inspect) and re-install in the spring.
I note that several years ago, after installing a new Yanmar impeller, the engine started to over heat under higher
RPM's (above 2200). Discovered the bronze bushing was debonded from the impeller element.
Turns out Yanmar had that problem through a range of impeller sizes.
I now (new or used) put a twist test on the bushing to make sure the bond to impeller is sound, before
installation.

Art,  #680,  Conn.