[C320-list] Maint list

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 07:06:45 PST 2017

" Replacing the raw water impeller every year is a waste, The engine
  manual recommends every 300 hours and I do it every 150hr , which works
  out to every 3 years or so. “

Thread here about impeller failures and how often to replace:-

http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?366454-How-often-should-you-replace-the-raw-water-impeller <http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?366454-How-often-should-you-replace-the-raw-water-impeller>

personally for the small cost, ($20?) I’d rather have peace of mind! But we are all different which is what makes the world an interesting place!

Graeme

> On 18 Jan 2017, at 14:38, sail-ability sail-ability <sail-ability at sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>   Replacing the raw water impeller every year is a waste, The engine
>   manual recommends every 300 hours and I do it every 150hr , which works
>   out to every 3 years or so. Unless you get into a muddy, sandy mess (if
>   you do check the raw water strainer for gunk) if there is a mess in
>   there you should probably check the impeller. Whenever I'm in weedy
>   conditions I check the strainer frequently and have had to take it off
>   the get rid of the sucked up weeds.
>
>   Cheers
>
>   JohnM
>
>   1999#574

I work irregular hours and often write emails late in the evening and at weekends; that doesn’t mean I expect you to do the same; reply when convenient!