[C320-list] Certifications

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Tue Jan 24 06:36:55 PST 2017

I'm looking for opinions on sailing certifications.  After 45 years of
sailing and boat ownership, I'm thinking it would be good to pick up an
official certification.  It seems like chartering in other parts of the
world would be easier (or possible) with an ICC.

Do most of you have certifications?

My current thinking is that I'd do something through Sunsail (with whom I
have done some bareboating in the BVI) to get to the ASA 104 certification
as quickly as possible.

Do you have any strong feelings about ASA vs. US Sailing vs. Colgate vs.
RYA?

Thanks for sharing

Dean Vermeire

Moonstruck II (C320 #847)