[C320-list] Pedestal gauge panel "refinish"

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 07:52:19 PST 2017

Scott

Previous discussions here suggest that the extractor blower is pretty much redundant if you have a diesel engine rather than a petrol one. Some people have suggested it is better placed to draw fresh air over the refrigerator condenser unit.  The ‘standard’ wiring for the blower seems to need the engine key to be turned on -  which in my case means that if the engine isn't running, I get the low oil pressure warning horn which is a pain, so I will be re-wiring the blower to run direct - its noisy enough that I am never going to leave it on by accident and drain the battery!

Graeme

> On 25 Jan 2017, at 11:34, Scott Westwood <scottwestwood at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> I too am interested in any other results.  It's on my (bottom of) list too. Thought of the wax idea too.  Maybe rub soap into it? then wash with warm water??
>  Almost anything is better than what it  looks like now.  Also need to fix/replace blower switch.
> Waiting to hear/see results.
> Thanks,
> Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185