[C320-list] Sailing on windy days

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 09:12:17 PDT 2017

Reasonably steady and the water was relatively flat for the Pamlico Sound. Close Reach made for great sailing conditions. We have a 135 as you surmised.

On the main, I dropped the traveler, eased the vang and tightened the luff with the Cunningham and foot with the outhaul in order to depower it.

On the jenny, I tightened the halyard and eased block to depower it.  (Love our Garhauer
E-Z GLIDE ADJUSTABLE GENOA CAR SYSTEM)

Before learning how to depower the sails efficiently, I would find myself rounding up constantly at about 18 knots if I didn't reef.

Dinghy tows best with a line to each aft cleat and the 4 hp Yamaha four stroke foot just barely in the water. Too much drag if left all the way down and I don't like the way it wanders if all the way up.

Best Regards,
Chris Burti
Statewide Title, Inc.