[C320-list] Batteries and alternator update.

Ted Harrison tharrison at innovations-plus.com
Thu Jul 20 17:09:04 PDT 2017

First, thanks out to everyone for your assistance.

I now have a starter battery. House bank of two 4d's in parallel. An alternator that is charging the house batteries. A charger that is charging and an echo charger for the starter battery.

The two wires on the back of the alternator are for a charge light indicator (not required on 1997 hull 424), and a wire to the key ignition switch. Turn the key on, tells the alternator's internal regulator engine is on. If this wire is broken the alternator will not charge the batteries. My case!

I still have to add a battery monitor but that is next year. Going sailing !

Thanks again. You folks are the best.

Ted Harrison
Hull 424 1997
Whitby Ontario