[C320-list] Speed paddle transducer & NMEA 2000

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Fri Jul 21 04:53:08 PDT 2017

When I attempted to pull my speed transducer only half of it came out. I
couldn't fish the paddle end out so closed the fitting up again. I assume
this can't be repaired and I must replace it.

A couple of questions. Is this Seatalk transducer compatible with more
modern ones that are easily purchased or do I need to find an old one?

I have a hybrid network of Seatalk and NMEA 2000 and they are not
merged—completely separate. Should I use this as an opportunity to get
other 2000 transducers?

Mark
Speakeasy #612
St Joseph MI/ Chicago