[C320-list] Indicators on Steering Pedestal Instruments Panel ('94 Cat 320)

Allan S. Field allan.field at verizon.net
Sat Jun 3 16:49:02 PDT 2017

Our C320 was number 808 with a Yanmar 3GM30F so not sure my notes would apply here.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

On Jun 2, 2017 4:22 PM, Warren Updike wrote: > > Allen Field, who recently sold his 320,2000, #360, provided a number of documents for his boat. Included was this: - There are engine alarms (lamps and sounds) for both low oil pressure and high water temperature. > > On our #62, when I was tracing the pedestal wiring, I found that the white LED was not connected. I forget what I connected it to... I think the external regulator. The red LED is for low oil pressure. Both oil pressure and high coolant temp will sound the single alarm. > > My advice is not to rely on what any other owner has to say about the matter as there may not have been a lot in common between how different hulls were wired. The greater the time between hulls, the more differences there are likely to be. Trace the wiring yourself and document it. You will use it again. > > If your alarm is not working, do get a replacement. I got one from Dennis Igarashi, digarashi at earthlink.net, who was with Seward, and is now independent. He has inventory of original parts for electrics. > > Warren and Pattie Updike > 1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62 > Middle River, Chesapeake Bay > > -----Original Message----- > From: Dave Hupe [mailto:hoopdtwo at yahoo.com] > Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 6:25 PM > To: C320-List at Catalina320.com > Subject: [C320-list] Indicators on Steering Pedestal Instruments Panel ('94 Cat 320) > > I have a white indicator lamp and another with a red lens on the lower right side of my instruments panel (Perkins Perama M30 engine).  The white light comes on when I turn my key on (and stays on while I allow my glo plugs to warm), then turns off (usually) when the engine starts. The white lamp stayed lit dimly once recently until I increased the engine rpms, then went out.  Is this lamp an indicator that charging (from the alternator) is occurring (indicated by the lamp going out?)? > > The indicator with the red lens is for low oil pressure.....correct? > > I don't seem to have alarms (temp and oil pressure) that sound when the key is turned on and/or when there is a problem.  Am I missing something? > > This boat is new to us and these items are not detailed anywhere for reference. > > Thanks, > > Dave Hupe > '94 (hull #32) > Holland, MI > > >