[C320-list] Yanmar engine temp sender

Daryl Hunt drhunt at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jun 11 19:37:37 PDT 2017

I finally concluded that my temperature gauge on my '99 C320 #660 (Yanmar 3GM30F) isn't working.  Today I followed the procedure from this group to diagnose the problem.  The fault appears to be the sender.  I was surprised to find the sender threaded into a brass or copper pipe from the fresh water pump to what I believe is the water heater hose, instead of directly into the closed cooling system.  Is this the normal location for the temp sender on 320s?  I've already ordered the replacement sender from CD (part #Z2998).
Fair winds,Daryl HuntC320 #660 BelieveRochester, NY - Lake Ontario
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone