[C320-list] Seward 2 Burner Stove Not Lighting

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Mon Jun 12 04:32:15 PDT 2017

Rick
Interesting observation!
We have a boat safety scheme with which boats must comply in order to use inland water (rivers, canals and lakes etc) but oddly not for saltwater vessels!
Nevertheless many (sea) owners have their boats inspected and maintained to thus standard anyway
I had a gas system inspection last year and the gas engineer said that to comply with the standard we should only have flexible hose at the connection points , i.e. The bottle and the cooker and everything in between should be copper piping
BUT the standard also specifies that if metal tube is used it has to be supported (clipped) every X inches (I can't remember the exact distance but about 10 or 12 inches I think)
So we looked at the installation in the C320 and came to the conclusion that this would be impossible without major dismantling including removal of the fridge!
As compliance wasn't mandatory and the pressure test in the existing system was good, the gas engineer agreed it was best to let sleeping dogs lie!
I'd be very interested to know if anyone has managed to change to metal tubing and if so how they managed it
Graeme
Britain, #366. 1996

Sent from mobile: please excuse typos etc.!