[C320-list] Battery switch location - port vs. starboard, old vs. new models

Stephen Cox scox at timmin.com
Tue Jun 13 15:45:06 PDT 2017

> It seems like putting all of those large gauge 12V cables in
> a starboard side panel right next to the battery bank makes a
> lot of sense, which is, I suspect, why Catalina moved to this
> design in later models.

It depends how much later you are talking about.  My boat Tegwen, #1141
built in the second half of 2007, has the one panel on the port side.  It
has toggle type AC circuit breakers, a 1-2-B battery switch and blade fuses
for the 12v circuits.  I suspect it was the same panel as used in the C30
around that time.

Personally I prefer to have all my electrical controls in the one place.

Regards,

Stephen Cox