[C320-list] Perkins Perama M30 Engine Air Cleaner

Mark Cole boatnboot at q.com
Sat Jun 17 18:52:53 PDT 2017

Dave;

I haven’t looked seriously for the air filter on my Perkins M30, but I think I’ve seen it when looking from the rear of the engine.  It is a small box at the top of the engine with a metal screen.  The last diesel engine I owned had the same style air filter and it didn’t require any maintenance.  From what I was told, engines on a boat aren’t subject to the same dust and debris in the air as vehicles on the road.

Mark
Fiddler’s Green, #8