[C320-list] Keel draft

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Thu Mar 23 05:52:22 PDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017, at 04:34 PM, Guy Smith wrote:

> This is hard to do in the Chesapeake.Even with this
> precaution, I have dove on the keel and found sunken logs and other scary
> things that we didn't want to be anchored around.

Guy - In Stoney Creek last summer, my brother pulled up a TREE with his
anchor. No lie... He has a plow type anchor and it hooked the tree right
on the V between two large branches. We tried lowering it and raising
it, no dice. It would not let go. Fortunately he remembered that has a
saw on boat and was able to cut it to free the anchor. Good thing he has
a larger boat than mine with a powered windlass and full chain rode.
Otherwise we would have never been able to pull it up to see what it
was.

If he didn't have that saw on board, I could just hear the call to
BoatUS now for assistance...

One never knows what lies on the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay.

--
Doug Treff
doug at treff.us