[C320-list] Keel draft

Gene Helfman genehelfman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 10:15:28 PDT 2017

The best coverage on this topic we've found is at

http://cruising.coastalboating.net/Seamanship/Anchoring/TripLines.html

In particular, we like:

“….retrieve a stuck anchor by shimmying a loop of chain down the anchor
rode to the crown of the anchor from a dinghy. Then one can use the dinghy
to free the anchor by pulling it up by the crown.”

--
Gene Helfman, Professor Emeritus
Odum School of Ecology, University of Georgia
    genehelfman at gmail.com

*2,864,974 more votes than Donald!*