[C320-list] Locked out of the head?

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Mon May 8 14:29:25 PDT 2017

I was idly lubricating the small lock on the inside of the heads which had pretty much jammed up over the years with corrosion and slammed the door shut from the outside with the catch in the locked position - doh!

The hatch was shut so no way to access the inside

Fortunately I had refinished the door varnish over winter and had noticed when I removed the lock to do that, that it works by preventing the square bar  that connects the two handles from turning rather than acting on the door catch itself

So if you ever do this, the trick is to remove the outer door handle (Allen key grub screw) and push the bar right thru the lock until it and the inner handle drop on the floor of the head. You can then turn the lock mechanism using a suitable sized screwdriver in the square hole!

Phew!!!

Graeme
#366, 1996

Sent from mobile: please excuse typos etc.!