[C320-list] Boat insurance question

Onat Dogruer onat_s at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 06:09:14 PDT 2017

Hello all,
I have been with BoatUS for 8 years for our coverage; never made a claim. This year they are switching me to Geico as well. With our recent move, I had just Chesapeake bay in the previous plan and now being forced to switch back to "Coastal and Inland Waters of the US and Canada" hence increase in premium. I find it very strange for them to force everyone to shift to this as cruising limit. The underwriters I spoke with at BoatUS haven't been very helpful and told me that there is no more just a Chesapeake limited coverage.

I wanted to get your thoughts and experience if you heard the same. Alternatively, which insurance companies do you use?

Thanks,
OnatS/V Kittiwake1998, #546