[C320-list] Cabin light bulbs

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:24:15 PST 2017

David,
I recently (few weeks ago), replaced all mine with LED's.  Given your year,
you probably have the same ceiling moldings that I do.

This is the model I went with:
http://www.lunasealighting.com/products/detail/pointed-festoon-9-led-light-bulb-42mm/led-replacement-bulbs

They fit my moldings perfectly, even a hair of room to spare.  But you do
need to be careful extracting them, there isn't much room to grab onto.  I
ordered mine from Fisheriessupply.com.  I was doubtful the 9 LED model
would fit at first, but it easily does.

I chose to put red ones in the two middle domes, and warm white in the side
domes.  Very happy with the brightness, and the color.  And these are RF
shielded, and voltage regulated.  Since they are LED and I don't plan on
replacing them for a long time, I did put a thin coating of dialectic
grease on the end caps to prevent corrosion build up.

I would advise being VERY careful in pulling the outter cap off.  If you
had incandescents in there, the heat had probably hardened your plastic,
making it very brittle, easy to crack, and I don't believe they are
available any more.  When you have the cap off, I would also suggest
lightly greasing the large o-ring in the lens, to keep it from going dry
and degrading.

If you chose to stay with incandescent, they are just a festoon bulb,
commonly used for auto dome lights, any 42-43 mm length would fit, easily
found at any auto store I would think.

Christian Caperton
1994 C320 "Canuck" #138
Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL