[C320-list] priming the raw water system

Brad bkuether at comcast.net
Wed Nov 22 09:38:59 PST 2017

Hi Tom,

As your boat is close to mine in number (1006) assume the 3YM30?

I had trouble with mine, and turns out the water pump belt wasn’t turning the pump as it was too loose.  I would check that first.

>From your description, it sounds like you are taking the bottle to the aft cabin, disconnecting the raw water hose from the thru hull.  I have never done that so cannot speak to if that may be the issue.  What you may want to do, is cut the raw water hose about 8 inches back, and install the Prestone Flush N Fill kit.  Essentially you are installing a T junction where you can open the cap, and fill from right in front of the water pump.  The nice thing about that, is if you are having trouble, you can use a hose to fill from the cockpit, allowing gravity to help.

I don’t have pictures of mine, but I can tell you it works.  Let me know if you need further information.

-Brad Kuether
Independence Hull 1006

Sent from Mail for Windows 10