[C320-list] Festoon Lighting

Christian ccaper at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 10:35:29 PDT 2017

David,
I am looking to place an order this week for some LED lights of this type
made from a company called LunaSea lighting.

My current festoon bulbs measure 43mm.  The LunaSea LED bulbs are 42mm, I
think they should fit.

I am looking at these:
http://www.lunasealighting.com/products/detail/pointed-festoon-9-led-light-bulb-42mm/led-replacement-bulbs

Link contains a spec sheet pdf, and by their measurements and mine, they
should fit.  The warm white rates at 145 lumens.  I am looking at putting
warm white in the port sides cabin lights, and the red in the two center
cabin lights.

Should this model be too wide, I'll be looking at this model, but it drops
the lumens of the warm white down to 97 lumens.
http://www.lunasealighting.com/products/detail/pointed-festoon-6-led-light-bulb-42mm/led-replacement-bulbs

Both are marine rated, and claim to not introduce any RF interference.
Looking at some of my current incandescent, the bulb contacts are pretty
corroded, so I'll be putting some silicon grease on the new LEDs.

I'll most likely be ordering the LunaSea lights from
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/, just trying figure out my order.  Can
report back after I try them.

if anyone else has other suggestions of this bulb type before I place my
order, I'm all ears too.

Christian Caperton
1994 C320 "Canuck" #138
Monroe Harbor, Chicago, IL