[C320-list] Insurance

Bob Hoyt rehoyt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 15:05:46 PDT 2017

I feel compelled to report a very different experience. I first insured my
Pearson 30 (lost in Hurricane Ivan 2004) and subsequent Tartan T-28 with a
local Allstate agent
<https://agents.allstate.com/ty-cowen-pensacola-fl.html> in Pensacola,
Florida. Usual premiums have been $200-$225 per year. When I purchased my
Catalina 320 in November 2016 I had it surveyed and presented that to my
agent. He said the insurance fee would be $75. I assumed that meant for the
rest of 2016 but instead, that was the annual fee. My newest insurance bill
is for $71 for the next year. When I called the agent to sheepishly ask for
an explanation, he said it was because I had few claims and a long track
record with Allstate. Keep in mind that the first boat was totaled after
Hurricane Ivan.

We are facing Hurricane Irma so things might change but I thought I needed
to report a positive insurance experience

Bob Hoyt
Liza #58 1994
Pensacola, FL

--