[C320-list] Lewmar Standard Portlight Clip Flyscreens

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 10:48:21 PDT 2017

After we bought our #62, we replaced all the original portlight screens with Lewmar Standard Portlight Clip Flyscreens, size 1, bought from Defender.com. The dimensions are 123mm x 301mm, exclusive of the cloth edging around the wire frame. They don't seal as tightly as the originals, but they are new. (Note: later model 320s may have different size or manufacture of portlights.)

I have found specs for the various size portlights that show outside overall and cutout dimensions; but, nowhere have I found specs for the newer Clip Flyscreens. If anyone has dimensions for the various size screens, perhaps that should be added to Technical Articles on the 320 web site.

The main problem with the Clip Flyscreens, is that an errant foot will push them down and the sliding clip will pop off. A real pain. I'm planning on devising a method to insert some sort of a fixed pin through the vertical supports just above the clip that will prevent the clip from popping off and being lost. Also, another removable pin to insert just above the clip to keep it in-place to fight the errant foot syndrome.  Anyone have thoughts on this?

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay