[C320-list] Raymarine repair

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 14:52:46 PDT 2017

If anyone should contact Dan Gerhardt, be sure to tell him that you are part of the C320 Assn., and mention who referred you to him.

Dan started this hobby because Raymarine no longer supported his ST4000 AP and undertook to repair it himself. He found that the components were mostly available on the market. He then found that there were others in the same boat and the game expanded. He has since fixed my AP and replaced my wind transducer. Recently, my slip neighbor bought a replacement ST60 instrument from Dan for a fraction of the cost of alternatives. Another dock neighbor asked for Dan's e-mail. The word has spread. I have no idea how many 320 owners have contacted him; but, it must be a bunch as most of us still have many of the old instruments. Even if you are upgrading your instruments, Dan may be interested in them. No harm in asking. Dan is a stand-up guy. I should mention that I've never met him and know him only from the work he has done for me.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay