[C320-list] Perkins Perama M30 Overheating

Dave Hupe hoopdtwo at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 17:53:50 PDT 2017

Update to my post in this chain about overheating, screeching and rubber smell from my engine.....
My water pump (for antifreeze) definitely is bad/locked up.  I restarted my engine (Perkins Perama M30 "KD" model/version) for a short period while a friend watched the front end of the engine.  The crankshaft was turning and the belt stayed still and just slipped/burned on the cranksaft pulley (the belt was prevented from turning by the pulley of the water pump).
After this "test", I pulled the water pump off and could barely turn the pulley/shaft. I am trying to locate a new pump.  Trans Atlantic Diesel in Virginia (http://www.tadiesels.com/index.htm) quoted me today $263 for the pump and 2 gaskets.  By comaparison, I can get the same original equipment Perkins pump including gaskets from Parts4Engines.com in Great Britain for $130.54 https://www.parts4engines.com/perkins-100-series-perama-m25-m30-m35-mc42-water-pumps/
I have also contacted S & W Diesel in California (http://www.swdieselinc.com/) about this (but no answer yet).
Does anyone have experience with Parts4Engines.com?
Dave Hupe
1994 Cat320 (hull #32)
Holland, MI