[C320-list] Radio Remote Mounting

Daryl Hunt drhunt at rochester.rr.com
Tue Sep 12 05:13:05 PDT 2017

I installed the same vhf and RAM on my '99 C320 #660 Believe last spring on the side of the engine control pod where the old one was.  The RAM mic installation guide says you can cut and splice the cable. I put the splice below the pedestal in the aft berth.  That conduit is wicked tight, but I was able to splice a feeder line onto the old cable and pull it through with some difficulty.  I sprayed some lubricant on it to help.  Then spliced the feeder line to the cut new cable and pulled that down.  I've enjoyed the new vhf & RAM mic this season with AIS at the helm.  Next project: connect the GX2200 AIS to my Raymarine C80 chartplotter.
Fair winds,Daryl Hunts/v Believe, 1999 C320 #660Pittsford, NY - Lake Ontario
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone