[C320-list] AC Question

Patricia Claytor pclaytor at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Aug 1 02:48:31 PDT 2018

Hi Everyone:  I have a question regarding my AC unit.  This past week I opened up the raw water strainer to the AC unit and cleaned out the basket and container.  I closed it up and turned on the system to make sure it was pumping water.  I went up on deck to confirm that the water was flowing out.  Thankfully it was.  However, I noticed that the water was gunky and I am guessing that was because I had cleaned the strainer.  The actual unit sits under my v-berth and I checked to make sure that all was working.  I noticed that the unit felt hot.  Is that normal?  I turned the unit off and let it cool down for safety reasons as I was not sure that was right - I don't recall it being hot before.  Thoughts?

Patricia
Knot Home #736