[C320-list] AC Question

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 1 05:00:13 PDT 2018

If anything I say below is wrong, please correct me.
"Anything" that has a fan blowing over a coil need to be cleaned regularly.  Any filter, and "especially" the coils themselves, need to be clean or you are loosing efficiency and reducing the life expectancy of the unit.  Anything blocking the return vent? etc...
Maybe your lines need to be cleaned?  partial blockages? I have no idea if you need to "shock/flush" those lines to keep them clean?  I have a hatch A/C unit.  Nothing fancy like an inside unit.  Only use ours 2-3 times a year.
I would verify that first. A clean A/C unit is a happy A/C unit. After that, I have no clue except having it serviced looking for refrigerant leaks etc...  If you think there are issues.
Normally high heat comes from the Fan motor or the compressor motor.  Probably hard to tell in tight space.  If you can run it for a while with the cover off and feel which item the heat is coming from it may point to something going bad.  Remember that units are more designed to maintain a temp than bring-to-temp.  How long was it running before it got hot?
OK. Exhausted (pun intended) what I know.....or think I know.
Others may have something more.  Good luck.
Thanks,
Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net H (919)-362-8538    C (919)-618-7185