[C320-list] New member/basic question

Jack Brennan jackbrennan at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 2 06:18:33 PDT 2018

To all:

This is all great advice, particularly on cleaning the cushions. That's my
wife's department (she would rather do that than clean diesel from the
bilge!).

I'm sure I will be asking any number of newbie/dumb questions over the next
couple of months as I work down my refit list. (Broken fridge, dead water
heater, jammed furler, propane leak, non-functional macerator pump, new
standing and running rigging, electrical work, a couple of gelcoat scrapes,
etc.)

You'd think I would know better by now. This is the third sailboat I've
brought back from the dead. But it was a bank repo and, at $22,500,
impossible to resist. The Yanmar 3gm30f only has 570 hours on it, the
gelcoat looks good and the sails are crisp. It will be a new boat by the
time I'm done.

Once again, I make a solemn vow: The next sailboat I buy will be turn-key!

Jack Brennan
1998 Catalina 320
Tierra Verde

---