[C320-list] Transmission linkage - reverse

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 07:31:47 PDT 2018

Mike, first be sure all the attachment points are securely holding the cable in-place. There is one in the pedestal and on the transmission (maybe others.) If these are loose, it may allow the cable to move as the gear lever is moved, thus absorbing some of the motion intended to be transferred to the Trans.
The instruction for the Hurth gear found on the Perkins engines is very specific as to the motion of the shift arm on the transmission. You should have similar specifications.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, MD (Chesapeake Bay)