[C320-list] New member/basic question

Daryl Hunt drhunt at rochester.rr.com
Thu Aug 2 13:21:15 PDT 2018

Hi Jack,

     I haven't been following this whole discussion so forgive me if
this has already been suggested.  On Believe, I noticed dripping from
the "banjo" fitting on the secondary fuel filter of my 3GM30F.  It's
located on the starboard side of the engine. After searching the web, I
found that it's a known issue
<https://forums.sailboatowners.com/index.php?threads/yanmar-diesel-fuel-leak-at-fuel-filter.8227/>
that the bleeder plug washers can compress beyond functioning and have
to be replaced.  There are copper "crush" washers and nylon washers.  I
haven't been able to find a source for the copper ones but the nylon
washers are available from several Yanmar part sellers.

Fuel bleeder plug washer, Yanmar part number : 23418-060000,

Best regards,
Daryl

(585) 233-7814