[C320-list] New member/basic question

Troy Dunn troutwarrior at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 04:41:49 PDT 2018

Agree with Chris, completely unnecessary.  A lot of folks "get away with
it" but...I've seen some argue that those bulbs aren't even rated for below
deck use and can become an invitation for a major fuel spill when they let
go.    IF that's true AND you end up with a diesel spill that goes
overboard....cha ching….and your insurance will be quick to point out that
you had a "jury rigged" fuel system so the bill becomes your
responsibility.   I've never bought one or read the "approved use" label,
but...why risk it when you have a perfectly good pump on the Racor?
Google Maine Sail's "Hall of Fail" pretty sure he has a picture of a failed
primer bulb there...

My 0.02-

Troy